Well, third quarter has come and gone and this is what went down with my goals:
- Getting myself back on track with money management: Working on this currently. September was a month for not using credit cards at all so that I would only spend what I had, in the month I had it. It’s been going okay, there is a bit of room for improvement, but I’m not borrowing from the next month anymore.
- Exploring what is essential to me. I did not directly work on this. Though I did start some counseling sessions to help get my mind in focus. I have been searching for help in making sense of all the different ideas and issues I think about, I don’t want to try to wrangle it all by myself anymore.
- Start a probiotic and getting on a memorable/maintainable schedule with all pills – I started this by deciding on the schedule before I started taking any pills again. I needed two times a day that wouldn’t be challenging, meaning I would be home or be able to stop what I was doing for a second to pop it back and take a swig of water. 8:15 and 9pm became my two times. I needed birth control and a probiotic and they would eventually pair with my twice daily pill. Before I even started taking the pills I set the alarms on my phone and my fitbit. I got use to knowing what the alarms meant before doing anything about them. Then I bought a probiotic, I was a little lost and quick research online didn’t help much so I just went to Whole Foods and asked. I figured starting the habit was the best step forward at this time. Evaluate and reassess later. Started taking that pill and then added my twice daily pills. After I got into a rhythm with those and made sure my stomach wasn’t too angry at me I added my bc.
- Blogging at least 2 times per week – For the most part I did well on this. I had a couple of weeks where I didn’t post but I have been coming to this space far more consistently and I have also been thinking about what I actually want to post. Answer: still not really sure. I like sharing links that I find, I love collecting and sharing instagram pictures, I sometimes like sharing about where my head is at with life and job hunting and such… so we’ll just see how it goes going forward.
- Deciding on a GP and getting and going to an appointment – I have an appointment with a GP in October, goodness with the wait… and I had a disappointingly short visit with the dermatologist. It’s not like I wanted them to find something, but I figured it would have been nice for them to look for more than five seconds, maybe pull out a black light or handy tool to make sure my various spots aren’t anything worth worrying about. I mean, really, work for my $69 a little harder please! Or better yet, where can I make $69 for 5 minutes of work?
- Finding a weekly, social exercise class to be a part of – I started off somewhat strong. I took a couple classes at the pole studio, then I did walks around the neighborhood, then I took a horseback riding lesson… but as of yet nothing has stuck. Still finding my why on that. Also, finding the space for it in my schedule and the money for it in my wallet.
Overall I’m not disappointed in my work on my goals but I also think I am still scattered on what I want to work and focus on moving forward. I find little things to focus on because they sound more fun but I make less progress and don’t feel all that great after the quarter is over, so I think I’ll work on zeroing in a little better for the last quarter of the year. Get myself ready for 2016 and for my 30th birthday! What?! Yeah… thirty.